At Brilliant Family Dentistry, we offer exceptional dental services in Denver, CO, including tooth extractions. Extractions help remove a decayed or damaged tooth, alleviate tooth crowding, or remove a baby tooth that has overstayed its welcome. You’ll experience a simple removal and a fast healing process thanks to our top-of-the-line treatment methods.
What Are Tooth Extractions?
Tooth extractions occur when a dentist removes one or multiple teeth from a patient’s mouth. We often consider other dental treatments before resorting to this measure, as saving teeth wherever possible is best.
However, some teeth are too damaged to save with other treatments. Removing them can prevent a patient from experiencing more pain. We also replace them immediately afterward.
Reasons for Tooth Extractions
General dentists may recommend tooth extractions for a multitude of reasons. Typically, our office will perform extractions to prevent tooth decay from spreading to other areas of the mouth. You might need tooth extractions for any of the following reasons:
- Preparation for braces
- Baby teeth that haven’t come out
- Extra teeth or wisdom teeth
- Broken or decayed teeth
- Periodontal disease
- Severe decay or fractures
Whatever the reason, our professionals aim to make the extraction process as easy as possible. We understand that many patients feel apprehensive about getting an extraction, but with the right dentist, you’ll be completely comfortable.
Benefits of Tooth Extractions
Tooth extractions not only help with crowded teeth but also offer other advantages, such as:
- Pain-free procedure: Our dentists ensure you don’t feel the extraction, and it is over before you know it!
- Experienced professionals: The dental experts at our practice have performed many extractions over the years.
- Improved oral health: Extracting unhealthy teeth can stop the spread of decay and prepare your mouth for other oral procedures. Damaged teeth won’t affect your other teeth if you remove them at an early stage.
Our Process for Tooth Extractions
Tooth extractions should be a quick and painless process and begin with an initial consultation appointment. Then, we will take an X-ray and see what teeth to remove. On the day of the extraction appointment, we will give you an anesthetic to numb the area.
During the extraction process, a dentist or oral surgeon numbs the area and uses forceps to pull out the tooth. If they experience difficulty pulling out the tooth, they may use an instrument called an elevator for the roots. After the procedure, you can reduce swelling in the tooth socket by doing the following:
- Eat soft foods during the recovery period, such as soup, yogurt, or mashed potatoes.
- Follow your dental routine to keep up with oral hygiene habits like brushing, flossing, and mouthwash.
- Listen to your doctor’s instructions for what to do after your extractions.
- Do not use straws for a few days because of their suction.
Contact Our Denver, CO, Dental Office Today!
At Brilliant Family Dentistry, we proudly offer the best tooth extractions in Denver, CO. You can learn more about this procedure by contacting our office, and we’ll determine the best treatment for you. Call us at 720 456-9050 to schedule a dental consultation today!