Brilliant Family Dentistry offers urgent dental care in Denver, CO, when you need it most. Dental emergencies can happen at any time, and it is important you get treatment fast. Contact our team today to speak with an emergency dentist and get the support you need!
What Are Dental Emergencies?
A dental emergency can mean a variety of scenarios, but a traumatic injury requires a visit to a hospital emergency room. Ranging from a severe toothache to a major infection, dental emergencies take on many forms, but all require a sense of urgency. We treat many different types of dental emergencies, including:
- Loose adult teeth: Children lose their baby teeth but eventually reach a point where their teeth should not fall out.
- Jaw pain: You might experience jaw pain because of TMJ or TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder). While you can apply a cold compress to help with the pain, it is always wise to seek the assistance of a dental professional.
- Tooth or mouth pain: Whether you have an infection or abscess, it’s crucial to treat tooth pain quickly.
- Missing teeth: Having gaps between teeth for too long can lead to issues for the rest of the mouth. You may need an implant or bridge to resolve this problem.
You are likely to need an emergency dentist appointment if any of the above scenarios apply. If you have a knocked-out tooth, you still have a chance of saving it by putting in a cup of warm water or milk. We’ll do all we can to save a tooth that is in good condition and is happy to help.
Brilliant Family Dentistry’s Emergency Dental Care
At Brilliant Family Dentistry, we have an emergency dentist ready to help you. We will do everything we can to ensure you’re comfortable during your emergency visit. We’ll first examine your mouth, run an X-ray if necessary, and present our diagnosis.
If you have a root canal emergency, you’re in good hands with us. We can perform the emergency procedure to remove dental damage and restore the affected area. Your crown will blend in seamlessly.
Ways to Prevent Dental Emergencies
You can experience a dental emergency after an accident or injury, but it should receive fast follow-up care. Dental emergencies can happen after sports injuries, workplace accidents, or a long-term habit of poor oral health. While they can happen unexpectedly, you can take some preventative measures to help avoid them, such as:
- Brush your teeth, floss, and use mouthwash at least twice a day.
- Visit your dentist for checkups and cleaning twice annually.
- Address any dental concerns as soon as possible with your dentist.
- Be careful of foods that are difficult to eat or cause dental damage.
- If you play sports, wear a mouthguard to prevent oral injuries.
Let Our Emergency Dentist Help You in Denver, CO!
At Brilliant Family Dentistry, we have an emergency dentist that is ready to help you in Denver, CO. If you’re experiencing any dental problems or are in pain, contact our office to schedule a fast appointment. Call us at 720 456-9050, so we can quickly help you with your dental emergency!