Brilliant Family Dentistry offers dentures, partial dentures, and other tooth replacement solutions in Denver, CO. We can walk you through your options for replacement teeth, whether you need to fill a gap from a single lost tooth or you need to restore your entire smile. Denver area patients trust our team for high-quality dental work for better oral health and an improved smile appearance.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are dental prosthetics that replace lost teeth using a removable solution. Dental professionals use a variety of materials to craft these teeth replacements, including porcelain, resin, metal, and acrylic. Dentists often have patients visit the office several times throughout the process to ensure they approve of the dentures’ color, tooth size, and fit.
Types of Dentures
You have a number of options if you need to replace missing teeth with dentures, including the following:
- Full dentures replace complete sets of teeth and rest on top of the gums. Patients can remove these teeth replacements for cleaning and sleeping.
- Partial dentures replace missing teeth by attaching to the remaining healthy ones. This tooth replacement solution differs from a fixed bridge because patients can remove it.
- Overdentures replace complete sets of teeth by snapping into connections on dental implants. Rather than using suction like traditional full dentures, overdentures attach to implants secured directly to the jawbone.
A dentist at Brilliant Family Dentistry can help you choose the most suitable type of dentures to replace lost teeth. We can also present permanent tooth replacement options like dental bridges and implants.
Why You May Consider Dentures
While some patients prefer dental implants, other patients opt for dentures to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Fast tooth replacement: While replacing full sets of teeth with dental implants takes many months, patients can receive their dentures quite quickly. Immediate dentures provide patients with replacement teeth immediately after the extraction process.
- Affordable compared to other solutions: Patients who struggle to afford the higher costs of permanent solutions often opt for dentures.
- Accessible for more patients: Dentures suit patients with bone loss or other conditions that preclude implants.
- Lower-risk procedures: Getting dentures involves fewer risks than more extensive procedures like dental implants.
If you need a fast, affordable, and low-risk tooth replacement solution, ask our team about dentures.
Caring for Your Oral Health With Dentures
If you have dentures, you must still incorporate oral care into your daily routine. You must brush the surface of the denture at least once per day and soak them overnight in a denture cleaner. You should also continue to visit your dentist for regular dental cleanings and brush and floss your remaining teeth to prevent tooth decay.
If you have no remaining teeth, you can use a soft-bristled toothbrush or gauze to clean your gums, cheeks, tongue, and the roof of your mouth.
Discuss Your Denture Options With Brilliant Family Dentistry in Denver
Contact Brilliant Family Dentistry to discuss dentures and other tooth replacement options. We can help you choose the best solution for you. Call our Denver dental office at 720 456-9050 today.